July 12, 2007

My Absence

I know I have been gone for quite a while. I have been in mourning. That is all I can say. So I suppose that an explanation should be given. When I went on my very first Mommy trip at the end of May (to NC to a homeschooling book fair) I received a very troubling phone call from my children. Here is your hint:

Before I left for NC, Chris and I had a random conversation about loaning our crib to a friend that was going to have twins. I had already offered it to her, but also knew that she would not need it for some time. When we talked about taking the crib down I said, "You're going to have to do it sometime when I am not here because I just can't stand to take him out of it."

Apparently Chris took me a little too seriously. When my children called me in NC, Blake said, "I seep big boy bed." I immediately asked for Chris!

Why you may ask is this such a big deal? HE IS MY BABY, HELLO!!!! I planned on him sleeping in that crib until he at least went to middle school. You know nurse until he is 5, diapers until 7 or 8, and crib until 11! How else can I keep him my baby?

One way to remember that he is still a baby is multiple times a night we find him like this:

Sound asleep with his giggy, I mean blanket. I think I need another infant in this house! Just don't tell Chris!

Now that my grieving is finished I will try to begin catching you up on our summer: bible school, swimming, cheerleading camp, OUR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY (WOOHOO), and all the other fun stuff. Hold me accountable, b/c you know that this blog is my only responsibility in life!

No comments: