August 9, 2007

I can see the light....

Glory be to God! I have waited and waited to post this and I hope I have picked the right time. As many of you know we (all five of us) live in a blessed little 600 sq. foot house that my grandfather grew up in. When he lived here it was his parents and 5 of the 6 children still at home. I still don't know how they did it, but I am sure it had to do with Mamaw's sweet and content spirit.

Well, we have lived here for 9 years. When we first moved in we thought it was small, then came baby #1 and it was doable, but tight. Then baby #2 came and we just were not sure how it was going to work. Then baby #3 came and oh I cried, because I could just see Chris and I moving into the living room on a pull out couch. Well, as we had said many times before, "We live in a rubber house and it just stretches." Now, however the stretching has ceased.

We are in the process of moving my grandparents into a mobile home across the street from their current house, remodeling the house that live in now, and then....then....then....
WE ARE GOING TO MOVE!!!
It is still not real. We are picking out cabinets, flooring, bathtubs, light fixtures, and a multitude of other things. We dropped off our refinance papers today on OUR house to do all the updates. ALL PRAISE BE TO MY JESUS, BECAUSE HE REMINDED ME THAT HE DID NOT FORGET US!

2 comments:

Julie@HighFive! said...

Congratulations on your move! We have 5 children and live in a 1600 sq. ft. home which has felt very small at times. Everyone we know seems to think we need more space so I was starting to think so too. I don't know why I was choosing to think that since if you asked me, I'd say I actually feel we are quite fine right now. Maybe when the kids are older we should consider adding on to our house. I guess I just feel odd being the only person who doesn't actually feel like we are crammed into this house!

Anyway, you have a beautiful blog (I used the same template for mine :-)) and I love the music. Praise God for your move. I'm very happy for you, you sound very excited!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, that is SO exciting! I know you will love having more space, but you will probably be surprised at all the fond memories from this place.

I think I asked you this before, Are you Sherri's friend?

I don't know what the issue is with Word...email me and tell me what you've tried.