August 31, 2007

Speechless

Sitting down to blog is something that I do enjoy but simply do not find enough time to be diligent at it. Some days I just can't wait to spill out all of my thoughts, idea, trials, and daily experiences and other days I just want to write to feel my fingers on the keyboard.

In the midst of doing this work to prepare the land to move my grandparents and move our family I am finding a strange feeling inside myself that is new to me. Actually it is not just new but, quite strange. I am finding myself at a loss for words and sometimes even emotions. For me to be at a loss for words is not something that happens frequently so to be that way on a regular basis is not something I am accustomed to. What do you say when you have nothing to say? What should you feel when you have no emotion inside of you? I think I am living out my weakness. That is quite funny when I hear myself say that because just tonight Grace (7) asked me what my gift is? The fact that my birthday was this week made me answer, "What gift honey?" She immediately reminded me that I have told her time and time again that God blesses each one of us with a gift. In being honest I told her that right now the only gift I could think of that I have is being so weak that I have no other choice but to let God do all of my work for me.

Thus, it leaves me pondering: What is my gift? Is it wrong to admit that you have one? What does it mean if you can't think of anything that you are gifted at? (I'm not saying that I have one or not, but it is a thought).

No comments: